Crunchy Mint Dark Chocolate (Raw Organic) by Loving Earth
Brand: Loving Earth
Description: Loving Earth’s Raw Organic Crunchy Mint Dark Chocolate is certified organic and the raw cacao used is rich in antioxidants, magnesium, mood elevators and anti-depressants. The chocolate bar is hand-made in Melbourne with single origin, certified organic raw cacao from Satipo, Peru, and sweetened with organic agave syrup. Tasmanian peppermint essential oil is added to get the mint chocolate flavour.
Ingredients: Organic raw cacao butter, Organic raw cacao powder, Organic raw agave syrup (dark), Organic raw cacao nibs, Peppermint oil, Himalayan crystal salt.
Loving Earth is a Melbourne-based company dedicated to sourcing the highest quality raw and organic foods from around the world.
Loving Earth’s products are distributed by Le Bono Collection in Singapore. You can buy from Le Bono directly or from its stockists.
The product is awarded a Green Rating of 4 stars based on 8 points in the following 4 criteria (updated on 29 Dec 2011):
2. Does the company have a sustainability policy or publish a sustainability report?
Loving Earth follow a strict policy of Healthy, Sustainable and Fair principles, to source and develop all their products.
Materials and Waste
16. Is the product grown in a sustainable manner?
The product is organic, and Loving Earth follows the 3 fundamental principles of Healthy, Sustainable and Fair, to source and develop all their products.
17. Is there conservation of the habitat or protection of the biodiversity where the product is grown?
Loving Earth ensures that its products are cultivated in such a way as to help restore native ecosystems and use traditional permaculture systems.
19. Has the company taken steps to reduce the material and packaging used for the product, or to reduce the waste generated in the production of the product or service?
The packaging for the chocolate bars is 100% biodegradable. The film wrapping is compostable certified film made from plant material. The box is made from 95% post consumer recycled material and printed with vegetable inks.
Chemicals and Health
23. Does the product or service use natural ingredients or use no harmful chemicals?
The product is organic and contains no artificial additives.
24. Is the product or service certified organic and have a credible third party certification or label?
Loving Earth is an Australian Certified Organic processor.
25. Has the company taken steps to reduce the chemicals used in the product or service?
Loving Earth ensures that its products are produced without the use of synthetic fertilizers, chemical pesticides and herbicides.
Social and Ethical
27. Does the company have a corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy?
Loving Earth follows the 3 fundamental principles of Healthy, Sustainable and Fair, to source and develop all their products. Loving Earth ensures that its products are produced according to Fair Trade standards, and also empowers indigenous communities.
“The dark chocolate tastes abit dry and takes some time to get used to. The cacao nibs give the chocolate bar an added crunchiness not found in normal chocolate, and the mint flavour leaves a refreshing taste in the mouth.
Appreciate the good effort by Loving Earth in using film wrapping that is compostable, and using a box packaging that is made from post consumer recycled material.”