Wood For Good Spray 354ml by method
Description: method’s Wood For Good Spray is made from ingredients that are non-toxic, not tested on animals, and biodegradable. This no-wax spray with a fresh almond scent, lets you clean and buff wood surfaces quickly and easily, and removes smudges, fingerprints and dirt without leaving residue or buildup.
Ingredients in the wood spray include dimethicone, fragrance oil blend, glycerin, oleic acid, PEG 400 dioleate, polyacrylic acid, potassium hydroxide, preservative, and purified water.
method is a leading innovator of premium healthy home and personal care products. Founded by Eric Ryan and Adam Lowry, method is transforming how we see cleaning with products that look and smell good, and made with non-toxin and natural ingredients.
You can buy from method’s online store or from selected retailers.
The product is awarded a Green Rating of 5 stars based on 17 points in the following 6 criteria (updated on 10 Dec 2011):
1. Does the company, product or service have a third party certified green business or green product label?
method is a Certified B Corporation. Certified B Corporations are a new type of corporation which uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. B Corps meet comprehensive, transparent standards and legally integrate stakeholder interests into their corporate governance.
2. Does the company have a sustainability policy or publish a sustainability report?
method integrates sustainability into the business.
3. Does the company have an Environmental Management System?
method uses the Cradle to Cradle principles to manage its environmental impacts.
4. Has the company taken steps to implement green practices in the office or reduce the environmental impacts from its offices?
method has several sustainability initiatives.
Energy and Climate Change
9. Does the company measure its energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas emissions?
method tracks all of the carbon it emit, including travel, utilities, manufacturing and distribution.
10. Has the company set an energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas reduction target?
method is carbon neutral in 100% of its manufacturing, office operations and employee commuting in travel.
11. Has the company taken steps towards reducing its energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas emissions?
method is taking steps to start finding solutions in its product designs, across its business, and in its supply chain. method’s carbon strategy is to: Reduce first; Alternative energy second; and Offset all the rest.
Materials and Waste
13. Is the product made from reclaimed or recycled material?
The bottles are made from recycled plastic.
14. Is the product biodegradable or acceptable for recycling after use?
method’s plastic bottles are recyclable.
19. Has the company taken steps to reduce the material and packaging used for the product, or to reduce the waste generated in the production of the product or service?
The method greensourcing program monitors and audits its suppliers to find ways to reduce waste, and to use closed-loop manufacturing practices wherever possible.
22. Has the company taken steps to reduce the water usage or wastewater generated in the production of the product or service?
The method greensourcing program monitors and audits its suppliers to find ways to eliminate water use.
Chemicals and Health
23. Does the product or service use natural ingredients or use no harmful chemicals?
method uses natural and naturally derived materials. If they can’t find a natural ingredient to get the job done, they will use a safe, green, man-made version instead. In all cases, they only use ingredients that have passed through a comprehensive green and health screen.
Every ingredient used in a method product is comprehensively evaluated by an independent environmental research institute, EPEA. As a result of this rigorous material research process, method is completely certain of the health and environmental safety of all method ingredients.
25. Has the company taken steps to reduce the chemicals used in the product or service?
method chooses not to use ingredients that could have potential hazards to human health and/or the environment, including parabens, phosphate, chlorine bleach, phthalates, triclosan, bisphenol-a, ethylene glycol ethers, formaldehyde, and ammonia.
Social and Ethical
27. Does the company have a corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy?
method integrates corporate responsibility into the business.
28. Is the company against animal testing on its product or service?
method performs absolutely no animal testing on any of their products.
29. Does the company have a no child labour or non-discrimination policy?
method’s definition of sustainability includes fair labor practices and diversity.
30. Are the company employees involved in community activities or volunteering their time to help the community or the environment?
Every employee at method gets 3 days every year to give back to the local community, and they can choose to do whatever they want.
“I have been on the lookout for an eco-friendly wood surface cleaner for a while and was more than happy to try out this spray and wipe. Besides being rather fond of the scent, I felt that it did a pretty good job, leaving a fine finish on my wooden blinds, cupboards, and bedside tables.
Unfortunately, I had an allergic reaction to the product, after my hands came in contact with the cleaning liquid. Having said this, I do have sensitive skin, so if you do too, I would advise that you use gloves when using this product.”
“The women in my family have ardent loyalists to lemon pledge for decades. This, however, is likely to change after letting them have a try of Method’s Wood For Good Spray. Unlike conventional wood surface cleaners, Wood For Good does not have a sticky texture thus making cleaning easier with less effort. More importantly, Wood For Good gives the same shiny result that makes your wooden furniture look as good as new, with an almond scent for that natural earthiness. Will definitely try out the rest of Method’s product range!”