ENJOspa Eye Pad by ENJO
Description: The ENJOspa Eye Pad gently removes make up and mascara as well as dead skin cells, using only water and without the use of chemicals.
The Eye Pad’s soft fibre is suitable for sensitive skin, and is made from fibres of silk, lyocell, cotton, viscose, polyester, acrylic and polyamide.
ENJO is a company in Austria and provides innovative cleaning system using only water and without chemicals.
ENJO’s products can be bought through In Touch Concepts in Singapore.
The product is awarded a Green Rating of 5 stars based on 12 points in the following 5 criteria (updated on 26 Mar 2012):
2. Does the company have a sustainability policy or publish a sustainability report?
The company is committed to environmental responsibility and producing environmentally friendly products.
3. Does the company have an Environmental Management System?
ENJO meets the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standards.
5. Has the company, product or service won any environmental or sustainability awards?
ENJO was awarded the “Daphne Excellent Eco Project” in 2011, an Austrian ECO award given to companies which achieved excellent results in the area of green technology.
In the 2006 EPIF (Eco Products International Fair) held in Singapore, the ENJO product range won the Gold Award for innovative products that contribute towards environmental sustainability while being economically viable.
Materials and Waste
12. Does the product or service help to reduce, reuse or recycle waste?
The product can be reused many times, and prevents the wastage of disposable cleaning material such as tissue paper or paper towel.
14. Is the product biodegradable or acceptable for recycling after use?
After the 2 to 3 years life span of an ENJO product, customers are encouraged to pass back the product to ENJO Consultants who sold it to them. The consultants would collect and send it back to its manufacturing plant in Austria for recycling.
18. Does the product or service have a sustainable material-related third party certification or label?
ENJO products are certified with the Oeko-Tex Label, confirming that the raw materials of the products are environmental and health friendly. The Oeko-Tex Standard 100 provides the textile and clothing industry with a globally uniform standard for the objective assessment of harmful substances. Raw materials, intermediate and end products at all stages of processing throughout the manufacturing chain, including accessories, are tested and certified.
19. Has the company taken steps to reduce the material and packaging used for the product, or to reduce the waste generated in the production of the product or service?
The shipment and delivery of ENJO products are in recyclable cotton or paper bags.
20. Is the product or service water efficient or help to conserve water?
The product enables cleaning using only water and without using any chemicals. This helps to reduce the need for washing off chemicals and thus saves water.
Chemicals and Health
25. Has the company taken steps to reduce the chemicals used in the product or service?
ENJO products are chemical-free. The product enables cleaning using only water and without using any chemicals.
Social and Ethical
27. Does the company have a corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy?
The company is committed to environmental responsibility and family friendly practices.
ENJO was presented as a role model in the Austrian CSR Yearbook 2011.
28. Is the company against animal testing on its product or service?
Yes, ENJO is against animal testing.
29. Does the company have a no child labour or non-discrimination policy?
ENJO products are made without child labour in the production.
“I tried out the Enjo Eye Pad and it is great! I had some foundation and eye liner on, and I usually use the facial wash to remove them, but, with just a bit of water and the pad, I managed to remove them thoroughly. No facial cleanser needed or any other liquid needed. Truly remarkable!”