Deep Purifying Foam, 150ml by MADARA
Description: MADARA Face Deep Purifying Foam is suitable for all skin types. It removes dirt, gently purifies the skin, and cleanses without drying the skin.
Ingredients: Aqua, Rosa Damascena Rose Distillate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Alcohol, Glycerin, Surcose Cocoate, Achillea Millefolium Yarrow Extract, Hypericum Perforatum St. John’s Wort Extract, Calendula Officinalis Calendula Extract, and Chamomilla Recutita Camomile Extract.
MADARA is a company from Latvia that produces an entirely natural and organic range of cosmetics, which is certified according to the international ECOCERT standard.
The product is awarded a Green Rating of 4 stars based on 9 points in the following 5 criteria (updated on 12 Apr 2012):
4. Has the company taken steps to implement green practices in the office or reduce the environmental impacts from its offices?
The substances and methods used in MADARA’s production unit are environmentally friendly.
5. Has the company, product or service won any environmental or sustainability awards?
The company won the ‘Latvia’s Greenest Company’ award in 2009 and a certificate of recognition from the European Commission in 2010 for their contribution to the development of environmentally friendly business practice.
Energy and Climate Change
11. Has the company taken steps towards reducing its energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas emissions?
The company uses energy efficient production equipment.
Materials and Waste
19. Has the company taken steps to reduce the material and packaging used for the product, or to reduce the waste generated in the production of the product or service?
Chemicals and Health
23. Does the product or service use natural ingredients or use no harmful chemicals?
MADARA cosmetics contain organically certified natural extracts from plants growing in the Baltic region. The ingredients in MADARA cosmetics come from certified organic farms and approved suppliers.
24. Is the product or service certified organic and have a credible third party certification or label?
MADARA’s products are entirely natural and ecological cosmetics certified according to the international ECOCERT standard. It is a volunteer standard that certifies cosmetic products confirming that at least 95% of ingredients comes from natural origin. The remaining 5% of ingredients are strictly regulated and stand for minerals, organic acids and other substance. ECOCERT prohibits the use of synthetic perfumes, synthetic preservatives like parabens, mineral oil, propylene glycol and other synthetic ingredients. Please find more information here.
25. Has the company taken steps to reduce the chemicals used in the product or service?
Yes, the company has taken steps to reduce the chemicals used in their products. By following the ECOCERT standards, this also means they are permitted to using only five different preservatives in their products and their amount must not exceed 5% of all the ingredients in the product. Please find more information here.
Social and Ethical
28. Is the company against animal testing on its product or service?
Yes the company is against animal testing on its products.
30. Are the company employees involved in community activities or volunteering their time to help the community or the environment?
The company organised the Festival of Good Thoughts and Sensations for the community where visitors can engage in soap making workshops, go to the eco market and take part in the natural fashion show.
“I used the MADARA Face Deep Purifying Foam together with the Deep Clarifying Toner and the Deep Moisturising Gel. In my opinion, this is one of the simplest face product I have used so far. A few pumps, foam comes out, massage onto face and rinse it off. It’s lightweight and cleans the dirt off my face pretty well. I have been using this regularly in the morning and in the evening and I have to say it does help keep my face feel refreshed all the time!”
What do you think? Share your reviews and comments below.