Natural T-Shirt by BGO
Description: This simple and plain undyed organic cotton T-shirt by BGO is suitable for matching with a jacket or just for normal wear.
This unisex tee is made from organic cotton from India, and comes in five different sizes.
BGO is a Singapore-based eco shop that provides organic cotton clothing and organic food, and other eco-friendly consumer products.
You can buy from BGO’s online store.
The product is awarded a Green Rating of 3 stars based on 6 points in the following 5 criteria (updated on 19 June 2012):
4. Has the company taken steps to implement green practices in the office or reduce the environmental impacts from its offices?
The company has implemented several green initiatives. For example, their online eco shop uses a green web host, and they print on unused side of papers and save flyers and mailers for printing and writing materials.
Energy and Climate Change
11. Has the company taken steps towards reducing its energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas emissions?
Materials and Waste
16. Is the product grown in a sustainable manner?
The product is made from organic cotton, which is grown without the use of chemical fertilisers.
19. Has the company taken steps to reduce the material and packaging used for the product, or to reduce the waste generated in the production of the product or service?
Chemicals and Health
23. Does the product or service use natural ingredients or use no harmful chemicals?
The product is made from 100% organic cotton, which is grown without the use of chemical fertilisers.
Social and Ethical
27. Does the company have a corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy?
Besides implementing several green practices, the company also dedicates a portion of the sales proceeds towards funding earth conservation projects and humanitarian social groups.
“I like how soft and natural the t-shirt feels on my body. However the style is pretty basic. If it were more of a ladies cutting, it would definitely be a staple–I would pair it with anything!”
What do you think? Share your reviews and comments below.