16oz Wide Mouth Water Bottle by Nalgene (10% OFF)
Attributes: Waste Reduction
Description: You can reduce waste by using your own refillable water bottle, instead of buying or taking single-use bottled water.
Looking for a refillable BPA-free water bottle? Nalgene Everyday™ water bottles are made in the USA, and are extremely durable, resistant to staining and odors, withstand high temperature, and made from Eastman Tritan™ copolyester that is manufactured without Bisphenol A (BPA).
Capacity: 16oz (about 0.5 litre)
Colour: Grey, Blue or Pink
Opening: Wide Mouth
Through the sale of these water bottles, part of the profits will go to fund water projects in developing countries that provide clean and safe drinking water.
Nalgene is a plastic product brand belonging to its parent company, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., which produces a wide range of products and services for research, analysis, discovery and diagnostics.
Usual Price: $20
Special Deal Price: $18 (10% OFF)
Buy the Nalgene water bottle from Ecosystem located at 3 Jalan Kledek, Singapore 199259.
The product is awarded a Green Rating of 5 stars based on 11 points in the following 6 criteria (updated on 1 Dec 2011):
2. Does the company have a sustainability policy or publish a sustainability report?
The company publishes a Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
4. Has the company taken steps to implement green practices in the office or reduce the environmental impacts from its offices?
There are several projects across the company focusing on green initiatives.
Energy and Climate Change
9. Does the company measure its energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas emissions?
The company in 2007 appointed a corporate Director of Energy Management to look at energy conservation.
11. Has the company taken steps towards reducing its energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas emissions?
Thermo Fisher strives to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. See initiatives here.
Materials and Waste
12. Does the product or service help to reduce, reuse or recycle waste?
Using a refillable water bottle helps to reduce the need to buy single-use bottled water, thus reducing the wastage of plastic material and resources used in making and distributing the disposable plastic bottles.
19. Has the company taken steps to reduce the material and packaging used for the product, or to reduce the waste generated in the production of the product or service?
Many of the company’s plastic molding facilities recycle waste from molding and extrusion processes, reusing the material internally or returning it to suppliers. There are also several projects to reduce waste and increase recycling.
22. Has the company taken steps to reduce the water usage or wastewater generated in the production of the product or service?
The company has taken steps on water conservation, see CSR Report.
Chemicals and Health
25. Has the company taken steps to reduce the chemicals used in the product or service?
The Nalgene bottle is made from Eastman Tritan™ copolyester, which does not contain Bisphenol A (BPA).
Social and Ethical
27. Does the company have a corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy?
The company’s CSR strategy rests on four pillars: Innovation, Operations, Service and Philanthropy. Read the CSR Report.
29. Does the company have a no child labour or non-discrimination policy?
Thermo Fisher: “We do not discriminate against employees in hiring, promotion, salary, performance evaluation or any other term or condition of work, on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or other basis prohibited by law in the applicable jurisdiction.”
30. Are the company employees involved in community activities or volunteering their time to help the community or the environment?
Employees are involved in several volunteering activities.
“The Nalgene bottle is very light and the wide mouth enables easy cleaning. There are health concerns about BPA in normal polycarbonate water bottles, so it’s good to know that the Nalgene bottle is BPA-free, giving me peace of mind.”