8W Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb by Philips (25% OFF)
Attributes: Energy Saving
Description: Replace your incandescent bulbs with the energy saving compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) and save up to 80% energy. CFLs also last up to 6 times longer than standard incandescent bulbs. You save money by using less energy and with less frequent changing of bulbs.
The Philips 8W Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb is equivalent to a 40W incandescent bulb. The CFL has a screw base and the color is cool daylight. The bulb can operate within 170-250V. It is not suitable for dimmers.
(some people have concerns about the trace amounts of mercury in the light bulbs. The government has the following advice.)
Philips is one of the leading providers of lighting solutions and applications for professional and consumer markets.
Usual Price: $6.50
Special Deal Price: $4.90 (25% OFF)
The 8W CFL is only available for delivery in Singapore, and payment is by Cash on Delivery.
If your order is above $50, delivery is free! If your order is below $50, we charge $5 for delivery in Singapore.
You can place an order through the form below and we will email you the confirmation within 3 working days.
The product is awarded a Green Rating of 5 stars based on 14 points in the following 6 criteria (updated on 1 Dec 2011):
2. Does the company have a sustainability policy or publish a sustainability report?
Philips follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Guidelines at the A+ level.
3. Does the company have an Environmental Management System?
In 2010, 95% of reporting manufacturing sites were ISO 14001 certified.
4. Has the company taken steps to implement green practices in the office or reduce the environmental impacts from its offices?
The various green practices are highlighted in the Philips Annual report 2010.
5. Has the company, product or service won any environmental or sustainability awards?
Philips was recognized as the 9th greenest company in the world in Newsweek’s 2011 Green Rankings, and was recognized as a Top 50 Green Brand by Interbrand in 2011. See more awards.
Energy and Climate Change
6. Is the product or service energy efficient or helps to conserve energy or reduce carbon emissions?
The CFL bulb can save up to 80% energy, as compared to an incandescent bulb.
9. Does the company measure its energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas emissions?
Philips track energy usage and carbon emissions in their manufacturing facilities.
10. Has the company set an energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas reduction target?
Philips has set a 2015 reduction target of 25% for the carbon emissions from manufacturing.
11. Has the company taken steps towards reducing its energy consumption, carbon dioxide or greenhouse gas emissions?
The various steps are highlighted in the Philips Annual report 2010.
Materials and Waste
19. Has the company taken steps to reduce the material and packaging used for the product, or to reduce the waste generated in the production of the product or service?
78% of total waste from manufacturing facilities is sent for recycling.
22. Has the company taken steps to reduce the water usage or wastewater generated in the production of the product or service?
Philips has set a 2015 reduction target of 10% for the water usage in manufacturing facilities.
Chemicals and Health
25. Has the company taken steps to reduce the chemicals used in the product or service?
Philips has reduced the use of harmful chemicals such as benzene, mercury, CFCs/HCFCs, lead, and PFCs in its manufacturing.
Social and Ethical
27. Does the company have a corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy?
The Philips Annual Report 2010 describes sustainability and social policies, which are integrated into the business strategies.
29. Does the company have a no child labour or non-discrimination policy?
Philips is committed to and embraces a diverse and inclusive working environment.
30. Are the company employees involved in community activities or volunteering their time to help the community or the environment?
Philips has a social investment policy to improve people’s lives and encourages its employees to use their skills and expertise as volunteers.
“I changed my old 20W lightbulb with this CFL and it is as bright as before. It’s so easy to just change a bulb and save energy and money!”